Vintage 1960's Capri Pocket Bass - 22.75" scale (Recording studio favorite)
Vintage ultra-short scale electric bass from the Matsumoku factory in Japan, featuring a body style similar to Kingstons and Teiscos. This one is branded with a rare Capri label. All original. This was a literal barn find and I've polished it up and made sure everything is ready to thump.
These are sought after for recording studios, as they offer huge bottom and warmth. Tuning is always touchy because of such thick strings and short scale length, which is why they're usually relegated to the studio and not the stage.
I've heard of folks converting these into electric baritone ukuleles, too!
* Offset Jaguar style body.
* Redburst with red tortoise shell pickguard and chrome control plate.
* Only 22.75" scale (shorter than standard guitars).
* Tested by Shane Speal and plays great.
* Surface cracks on finish as shown in photo. Body is fine.
* Has some pickguard shrinkage (>1/4" shrinking as shown in photo)
$35 shipping to US only. Contact Shane at email@example.com if you want to discuss international shipping..